Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm back and I brought shoes with me!

I know, I have been neglecting my blog =( I've been really really busy. We went on a cruise and it was amazing!! I will tell u a bit about it later and also post some pictures.
I got a new job =) I will start Monday, I'll work as a business correspondent and translator for a company here in Seattle. The Pay is good and I'm excited I get to use some of the languages I speak. Diego, our Beagle will fly back to Seattle on Monday as well. I'm excited to see him again, I've missed him so much and I hope his flight goes well. My husband went back to work today and I've been freaking out a little because he just got orders to go to Drill Sergeant school by the end of next year. That would mean we would either have to move to South Carolina or Georgia. And I'm freaking out because I don't really wanna move there =( Ugh I hate the army sometimes...as a military wife you kinda have to sacrifice your own career for your husbands. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy about my husband being so succesful in the army BUT I'm not that kinda army wife that likes to stay at home all day...I didnt go to college to stay at home and I dont want a dead end job. I'm just frustrated but my husband promised me to figure something out.
In the meantime I'll just buy shoes LOL
I bought 2 pairs the other day =)
I bought this gorgeous nude colored Steve Madden peeptoe. Got it at Nordstrom for 50% off =) Do I ever pay full price for shoes?? Probably not lol

Then I went to Ross and they rarely have shoes in my size (remember I'm a 5-5.5) and guess what caught my eye? These awsome leopard print Calvin Klein heels!! You know I'm a sucker for leopard print. Best thing, 75 % off? Hello gorgeous!! =D




So, I was looking for e.l.f. cosmetic here in my area to try it out, but I can't find any store that sells it. Went to the grocery outlet the other day, yes grocery outlet and thats where I found the e.l.f. beauty book for 3 dollars. I know they sell for 5, so I bought 2 =) I have not tried them out yet, but I will soon and report =)
I got the smokey eye edition


and the eye brights edition



This is my OOTD that I wore to the mall =)
Shirt - Tally Weijl
Cardigan - Nordstrom
Jeans - Tally Weijl
Heels - Steve Madden
Tan - Caribbean =D


I will try to post some pics from our cruise later, I went swimming with dolphins and you HAVE to see this!!
Later, Photobucket

7 comments:

Lorena said...

Carla I have to admit I have shoe envy.
Totally, both pairs are amazing and I would maybe squeeze my size 6 feet into the animal print ones... even if it meant my toes touching the ground...
Ha! now that I think of it I have seen people wear shoes like that...NOT.

Diana said...

I'm glad you are back! I love your outfit! Super casual and I am dying to see swatches of the elf palettes please do a review as soon as you can :D

maki said...

welcome back sis! i love both your shoe picks!

liz said...

yay you're back!!!!! :D

omgash girl those leopard print
heels are the BOMB! super cute.

Ross always has good deals on shoes
its just hard to find the size
sometimes when they're all over the
place. x(

CARLA what is your workout routine
like, because you truly have a
bangin body. (NO LESBO haha)

Cant wait for the dolphin pics!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

i've been looking for the perfect pair of tiny nude pumps for a season and a half and can't find any affordable ones. what a great catch!

♥Bunny♥ said...

Shopping is always a good mood change :D And definately from the bargain you got you must be so much happier! I do hope everything goes well :( and omg... I want that leopard shoes X_X

Alaskangal B said...

Aww, sorry to hear about the having to move, when you just did so soon. Being an Air Force spouse I hear you on the military thing. Luckily for me and for my husban the only "typical military wife" trait I got was I gained a lil weight when he went on a few tdys. I hate to not bring in my own money, I work and go to school and I just can not sit around and wait all day. Ya know? Besides, with my obession for shoes...I need the extra cash., hahahaha. Oh and why pay full price for shoes..=)

I hope it all got worked out. I looove those Steve Maddens.